Los Angeles News
WeHo Halloween Carnaval burn victim was trying to light cigarette
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- A man who died at the West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval was trying to light a cigarette when his costume caught fire, according to an investigation by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.
The incident happened around 10:26 p.m. in front of an event stage on Santa Monica and La Cienega boulevards on Oct. 31.
Gilbert Estrada, 51, was severely burned and died from his injuries the following morning.
An autopsy has been conducted but the findings have not been released pending results of toxicology tests.
halloween, los angeles news
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 12 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)
- Unbelievable scenes from Colorado car chase
9 min ago
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
17 min ago