Los Angeles News
Rosemead deputy shooting suspect attempted to stab aunt
ROSEMEAD, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was shot and killed by sheriff's deputies in Rosemead as he attempted to stab his aunt Friday.
The incident occurred in the 2400 block of Earle Avenue around 6:45 p.m.
Investigators said deputies from the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department responded to the scene following a family disturbance and person intoxicated call.
As responding deputies talked to family members, a woman suffering from a stab wound to her neck began walking towards them from a side driveway of the residence. The woman was followed by the suspect who attempted to stab her again.
That's when one deputy fired a Taser at the suspect. When that attempt failed, a second deputy opened fire, striking the suspect in the upper torso.
The suspect, later identified as 21-year-old Paul Aguilar, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The stabbing victim was transported to County-USC Medical Center in serious condition but is expected to survive.
She was later identified as the suspect's aunt.
The knife used by the suspect was recovered from the scene.
No deputies were injured in the confrontation.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information about this incident was encouraged to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500.
deputy-involved shooting, stabbing, los angeles news
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers 23 min ago
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die 3 min ago
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker