Los Angeles News
Mustache Dache raises money to combat prostate, testicular cancer
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Dozens of locals laced up their running shoes and glued on a mustache for the annual Mustache Dache in Elysian Park Sunday.
The Movember event is a 5-K run which is geared to raise awareness for men's health issues, including prostate and testicular cancer.
Since 2003, 3 million participants have raised over $444 million for the cause, funding 550 programs globally.
The race began at 9 a.m. and included a mustache and costume contest.
men's health, health, charity, los angeles news, elex michaelson
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures peds 23 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire 40 min ago
- 289 missing, 7 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster 5 min ago
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident 11 min ago
- 3 'pimps' busted for Compton prostitution ring
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks 49 min ago
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break