Los Angeles News
Teenage boy shot at Howard Hughes Center
WESTCHESTER, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 17-year-old boy was shot in the leg at the Howard Hughes Center in Westchester Saturday night, authorities said.
Los Angeles police responded to the mall around 8:45 p.m. after receiving reports of shots fired. Officers put the mall on lockdown while they searched, but they didn't find the gunman or any victims.
Officers at the scene learned the boy had self-transported to a hospital with a gunshot wound to one leg, LAPD Sgt. Corbin Rhealt said. The teenager was listed in stable condition.
No arrests have been made. The motive for the shooting is not known.
City News Service contributed to this report.
shooting, lapd, los angeles news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured 18 min ago
- Norwalk homicide investigation underway 37 min ago
- DUI driver hits sign, car and pedestrian
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- High turnout seen at secession vote in Crimea
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria 54 min ago
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office 2 min ago
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report