Los Angeles News
Los Feliz collision leaves motorcyclist dead
LOS FELIZ, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles Police Department Central Traffic detectives are investigating a collision in Los Feliz Sunday morning that left a motorcyclist dead.
The crash happened around 8:50 a.m. in the 4600 block of Los Feliz Boulevard.
Detectives say a man riding a Kawasaki motorcycle was traveling westbound, when the driver of a BMW drove out of her driveway in front of the path of the motorcyclist. The collision caused the motorcycle rider to be ejected.
The motorcyclist suffered severe head and body injuries. He was transported to a local hospital where he was later pronounced dead. His name was being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
The driver of the BMW was also transported to a nearby hospital. She suffered cuts and complained of pain to her left shoulder.
Investigators don't believe drugs or alcohol were involved.
Anyone with information about this case was asked to contact LAPD Central Traffic detectives at (213) 972-1825.
car crash, los feliz, lapd, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 55 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea 22 min ago
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere