Los Angeles News
UCLA football player arrested on suspicion of sexual assault
WESTWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A football player at the University of California, Los Angeles was arrested on suspicion of sexual assault, according to UCLA police.
Torian White, 20, was arrested around 3 a.m. Sunday at an apartment complex on Glenrock Avenue near campus. Authorities said they were responding to a disturbance call. No charges have been filed.
White, an offensive lineman on the football team, has been enrolled at UCLA since fall 2011. According to the university, White has not played since injuring his right leg during a game on Oct. 3.
UCLA football coach Jim Mora said the team is aware of White's arrest.
"We take these accusations very seriously," said Mora. "Torian has been suspended from the team indefinitely while the legal process and student discipline process run their course. Due to the ongoing police investigation, we are unable to discuss this matter further at this time."
ucla, arrest, los angeles news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 1 min ago
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done
- Beverly Hills High School gunman threat false
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Russia would welcome Crimea, says top lawmaker
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)