Los Angeles News
LAX to be busiest US airport for Thanksgiving
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- With over two million people traveling through this Thanksgiving, Los Angeles International Airport will be the busiest airport in the U.S., officials say.
LAX will see a 6.8 percent increase of travelers from last Thanksgiving. Airport officials say passengers should expect busy terminals, and flights will be full or nearly full.
The increase in travelers going through LAX is due to larger aircrafts with more seats and the addition of several international flights.
The day before Thanksgiving is usually the busiest day of the holiday travel period, but this year, the busiest travel day is expected to be Dec. 1. Other busy days are expected to be the beginning and end of the Thanksgiving travel period, from Friday to Dec. 2.
Officials recommend that passengers departing from LAX during peak times arrive at the airport two hours before domestic flights and three hours before international flights. Peak periods are from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m., 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
LAX has launched a pilot program to give travelers real-time traffic conditions in the central terminal area at www.lawa.org/lax.
holiday, travel, los angeles international airport, los angeles news
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter