Los Angeles News
Koreatown water main breaks, floods garage
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A broken water main was to blame for a flooded underground garage that affected dozens of cars in Koreatown.
Firefighters were dispatched to the scene at about 3:30 a.m. The broken 12-inch water main left approximately 30 cars standing in about 5 feet of water, according to fire officials.
The garage serves a three-story apartment complex in the 600 block of North Vermont Avenue between Melrose Avenue and Clinton Street.
There were no evacuations, and the cause of the break remains under investigation. Firefighters were pumping water out of the parking area and also provided sand and sandbags to affected residents.
water main break, koreatown, los angeles news
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- LB mayoral candidate mailer wrongly shows SD
- Benjamin Netanyahu discusses Iran at LA event
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments 7 min ago
- San Clemente HS lockdown lifted after threat
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Parents, daughter accused in $7M shoplifting spree
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Bitcoin exchange CEO's death ruled 'unnatural'
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
24 min ago