Los Angeles News
Teen arrested while allegedly burglarizing paraplegic's LA home
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 19-year-old man was arrested for allegedly burglarizing the home of a paraplegic man in the Los Angeles area.
Emergency operators received a call on Saturday from the victim. He said he was in his medical bed and did not have any assistance to get into his wheelchair. He managed to call 911 from his cellphone while the suspect was in another room.
Officers arrived on scene immediately and captured the suspect as he left the victim's home. Investigators say the suspect, identified as Alexander Generalao, had taken cash and medication for both the victim and his dog.
The victim was not harmed in the incident. The victim did not want to release his identity or the location of his residence.
Generalao was taken to Van Nuys Jail and booked for residential burglary.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact Los Angeles Police Department's West Valley detectives at (818) 374-7730. You can also call Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
burglary, arrest, lapd, los angeles news
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries 31 min ago
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment 5 min ago
- Metro to vote on fate of ExpressLanes pilot
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- Granada Hills fire damages strip mall shops
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- OTRC: Peter Jackson: 'The Hobbit 3' title changed
- Dana Point woman fights to keep chickens
23 min ago