Los Angeles News
Azusa suspicious fires spark investigation
AZUSA, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is underway after at least three suspicious spot fires erupted near Fish Canyon in Azusa Sunday.
Los Angeles County Fire officials responded to Encanto Parkway, near the Vulcan Materials Company on Fish Canyon Road, around 12:45 p.m.
One of the fires was estimated at 0.25 acres and burned near the area where the Madre Fire erupted in September. All three fires were quickly contained.
No injuries were reported.
Azusa police urged drivers to stay clear of Encanto Parkway for emergency vehicles.
The cause of the blaze remains under investigation.
fire, arson, los angeles news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks 28 min ago
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role