Los Angeles News
Elderly Hacienda Heights residents held captive as home robbed
HACIENDA HEIGHTS, Calif. (KABC) -- Three people were held captive, including a 95-year-old man and his 87-year-old wife, while their Hacienda Heights home was ransacked, the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department said Tuesday.
The department says two men entered the home in the 15000 block of Facilidad Street through a bathroom window before 10 p.m. Monday. As one of the men looked for valuables, the other kept the couple and a third 50-year-old resident in a downstairs room.
After 45 minutes, the men left through the front door with cash and jewelry worth about $2,000. No one was hurt in the incident.
The suspects are described as two Hispanic men in their early 30s. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Industry Sheriff's Station at (626) 330-3322.
robbery, los angeles news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal 24 min ago
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic 7 min ago
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Target photo flap creates thigh gap
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)