Los Angeles News
Eagle Rock shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured
EAGLE ROCK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A shooting in Eagle Rock left a man dead and a woman injured Wednesday. A search is underway for two suspects.
Authorities responded to the 2900 block of Sagamore Way just before 11 a.m. and found two gunshot victims. Neighbors said they heard three shots.
"There was a pause between the first one and then the other two. So there was one, and it was a pause, and then it was two right away," said neighbor Kristen Lane.
A man who had a gunshot wound to the head was declared dead at the scene. His name has not been released. A woman was taken to a local hospital with a gunshot wound to the leg.
Neighbors say the victims are a couple who moved into the neighborhood about three years ago. According to police, the couple has a 5-year-old son. The boy wasn't injured, but police say he may have witnessed the shooting.
Police say two male suspects fled in a mid-sized sedan. A suspect description was not immediately available.
Anyone with information about the shooting was asked to call Los Angeles police at (877) LAPD-24-7.
shooting, eagle rock, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean 50 min ago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere