Los Angeles News
El Monte officer accidentally shoots himself
EL MONTE, Calif. (KABC) -- A police officer in El Monte is recovering after shooting himself in the leg Thursday, officials said.
The officer responded to a fight near the intersection of Brockway Street and Utah Avenue around 1:15 a.m.
When he arrived, the two men who were fighting took off in separate vehicles and led police on a short pursuit.
While one of the alleged suspects was being arrested, the officer accidentally shot himself in the leg.
He was transported to Los Angeles County - USC Medical Center and is expected to make a full recovery.
fight, shooting, arrest, los angeles news
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts
- Cool Kid dreams of a better world
58 min ago