Los Angeles News
110 Freeway crash leaves 3 dead, 4 injured
LINCOLN HEIGHTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Three people were killed and four injured in a single-vehicle accident on the 110 Freeway in Lincoln Heights Saturday.
Police say the GMC minivan was traveling on the northbound lanes of the 110 Freeway connector to the 5 Freeway when it rolled over around 12:20 a.m.
The vehicle reportedly veered to the right of the roadway and struck a raised concrete wall. The vehicle then overturned and skid on its right side until coming to rest in the No. 2 lane.
Four people were fully ejected from the vehicle, three of them fatally.
Katie Davila, 12, Abigail Romero, 19, and Abigail Estrella, 37, were pronounced dead at the scene. All three were residents of Lancaster.
The four injured were transported to Los Angeles County + USC Medical Center.
Among the injured victims was as a 36-year-old father, his 4-year-old daughter and 13-year-old son. All three were released from the hospital Saturday afternoon. The driver, identified as a 55-year-old man, was treated for minor injuries.
The crash shut down the No. 1 and No. 2 lanes in the area until 3:30 a.m.
No further details were released. The cause of the crash was still under investigation.
car crash, los angeles news
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Burbank stabbing leaves 2 in serious condition
- High-speed chase leads to arrests, 5 injuries
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report