Los Angeles News
Human skeletal remains found in Montebello
MONTEBELLO, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is underway in Montebello after authorities found human skeletal remains on Tuesday afternoon.
The discovery was made in the 900 block of Lincoln Avenue. Investigators said pipeline maintenance workers saw "unusual debris" that looked like human remains so they called police.
North Lincoln Avenue was shut down between San Gabriel Boulevard and Avenida De La Merced during the investigation.
No other details have been released. Anyone with information was asked to call the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500.
los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing 19 min ago
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 1 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months