Los Angeles News
Motorcycle officer struck by hit-and-run driver
PACIFIC PALISADES, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An LAPD motorcycle officer was struck by a hit-and-run driver Wednesday night in Pacific Palisades.
The incident happened at the intersection of Sunset Boulevard and Pacific Coast Highway around 7:50 p.m. The officer suffered at least one broken leg and was transported to UCLA Medical Center.
The driver was caught on surveillance video at a gas station moments after the crash. In the video, you can see him getting got out of his vehicle, checking his phone and then taking off.
The suspect was described as an older male in his 60s, driving a 1995 Mercedes convertible with the California license plate number 6YIP620.
The motorcycle was lying on its side on PCH just north of PCH. Northbound PCH traffic was closed at the intersection during the investigation.
hit and run, lapd, pacific coast highway, los angeles news
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours 25 min ago
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search 39 min ago
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Flasher sought for exposing self at Brea Mall
- Norwood pleads not guilty to weapons charge 30 min ago
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time
- Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- abcnews: Dog's powerful healing effects on wounded... 10 min ago
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- Elderly couple's dog saved by rescue group
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors 43 min ago
- Cool Kid fixes up batting cages for community
15 min ago