Los Angeles News
Missing Pasadena City College hiker found in Eaton Canyon area
SAN GABRIEL MOUNTAINS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 19-year-old Pasadena City College student who got lost in the Eaton Canyon area was found and rescued Friday morning.
Bora Kim was spotted by rescuers and airlifted out of the canyon at about 7:35 a.m.
Kim, who is from Arcadia, was reported missing by her parents, who last saw her when she was dropped off at a bus stop headed for school at about 8 a.m. Thursday.
Later in the day, Kim sent suicidal messages to an ex-boyfriend, who recently broke up with her, according to Arcadia police.
At about 6 p.m., a friend received a call from Kim saying she was lost in the mountains. Friends told authorities that Kim often hikes in the Eaton Canyon area, and the search commenced.
Crews scoured the Altadena and Sierra Madre areas overnight and into Friday morning.
Kim has been taken to an area hospital. There was no word on her condition, but she was seen moving on the ground before her rescue.
los angeles news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video