Los Angeles News
Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles Police Department is asking for the public's help in finding stolen jewelry that belonged to murder victim Joseph Gatto, the father of California Assemblyman Mike Gatto.
Joseph Gatto created the jewelry himself, and had many of his pieces engraved with "J A Gatto" and a signature circular design.
The jewelry pieces include rings, bracelets, pendants and necklaces made with precious metals, stones, bone, ivory, porcelain, glass, wood and Egyptian scarabs.
Detectives are looking for any pieces that may have been purchased or sold by pawn shops. If you have any information, you're urged to call Robbery-Homicide Division Detectives Telis or Gable at (213) 486-6890 Monday through Friday.
You can also contact the LAPD Realtime Analysis and Critical Response Division at (213) 484-6700 or Los Angeles Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
The 78-year-old was found shot to death in his Silver Lake home Nov. 13. Investigators believe an attempted assault with a deadly weapon that happened on Nov. 12 may be related to the murder. The earlier incident happened in the 2300 block of Moreno Drive, just blocks from Gatto's home.
Detectives released a sketch of a possible suspect, who was spotted by a witness in the area. He is described as a white male in his 20s. He carried a tan backpack and was wearing a multi-colored, hooded sweater and tan pants.
No arrests have been made.
silver lake, los feliz, los angeles news
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine 56 min ago
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Missing flight's last words were routine
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer won't seek third term 57 min ago
- Ukraine accuses Russia of military buildup
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Fitbit Force recalled over allergic reactions
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons