Los Angeles News
Suspect injured in El Monte officer-involved shooting
EL MONTE, Calif. (KABC) -- El Monte police officers shot and wounded a suspect Friday. An investigation is underway.
Authorities responded to a gun call in the 3500 block of Cogswell Road at 3:57 a.m.
Responding officers saw a man that fit the description of the person described in the call. As the officers attempted to contact him, the suspect reached into his waistband, and an officer-involved shooting ensued.
The suspect, identified only as a 34-year-old man, was rushed to an area hospital in unknown condition. No officers were injured.
A weapon was not recovered at the scene.
No further information was immediately available. Anyone with information about the incident is urged to call the L.A. County Sheriff's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500.
shooting, officer-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Southern California heat expected to die down
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- 2 Chile earthquakes shake Pacific shoreline
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million 5 min ago
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians