Los Angeles News
'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
SAN FERNANDO VALLEY, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The FBI and Los Angeles police are asking the public to help find a serial bank robber known as the "Valley Bandit."
He's wanted for eight bank robberies in the San Fernando Valley since December 2012.
During the robberies, investigators say the suspect walks into the bank and states that he needs to make a withdrawal before brandishing a weapon and verbally demanding cash in various denominations.
The suspect is known to wear a dark colored baseball hat and clothing during the robberies, and witnesses have described his weapon as a revolver. In some cases, authorities say the suspect has aimed the weapon at employees or customers and has threatened to kill victims if the teller does not comply with his demands.
He's linked to several vehicles including a white Mercedes-Benz SUV and a black Mercedes-Benz sedan. He may be working with a getaway driver.
The "Valley Bandit" has been linked to the following bank robberies: Northridge Bank of America and Chase on Dec. 18, 2012 and July 24, 2013, respectively; North Hills Chase on June 14, 2013; Winnetka Bank of America on June 28, 2013; Granada Hills Chase on July 15, 2013; Reseda Wells Fargo on Aug. 26, 2013; Sherman Oaks Chase on Sept. 28, 2013; Van Nuys Chase on Nov. 5, 2013; and West Hills Wells Fargo on Dec. 4, 2013.
Authorities describe the suspect as Hispanic or Middle Eastern, with dark, unshaven facial hair, between 25 to 35 years old, 5 feet 9 inches to 6 feet tall and weighing 180 to 200 pounds.
If you have any information about these robberies or the suspect's whereabouts, you're urged to contact the FBI, LAPD or dial 911.
san fernando valley, bank robbery, lapd, los angeles news
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins 23 min ago
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 3 min ago
- Coach pleads no contest to molesting girls 54 min ago
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- LAPD crash: Funeral services announced 25 min ago
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested 47 min ago
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book