Los Angeles News
Man who allegedly pranked NFL, NBA coaches arrested by LAPD
HOLLYWOOD (KABC) -- An alleged prankster accused of misleading at least a dozen top athletic coaches and athletes into believing they were offered jobs with professional and college teams was arrested at his home in Hollywood Monday.
Kenneth Tarr, 32, is being held in lieu of $20,000 bail at the LAPD's Hollywood Station on charges of felony eavesdropping for allegedly recording the prank calls. Recording someone without their consent is illegal under California law.
According to City News Service, Los Angeles police Officer Sally Madera said the investigation is ongoing and authorities want to see if there are any additional victims.
ABC News has learned Tarr's alleged sports victims include NFL commentator and former coach Tony Dungy, who guided the Indianapolis Colts to a Super Bowl title in 2007.
Tarr allegedly pranked Dungy, saying he'd been offered the University of Southern California coaching job.
Dungy talked about his apparent contact with USC on a national radio show, saying he turned down the representative.
Dungy later tweeted that he had been misled by "someone acting on their own." He apologized to USC athletic director Pat Haden for the mix-up.
In addition to pranking, Tarr allegedly has a history of talking himself onto reality shows, using bogus names.
CNS and ABC News contributed to this report.
arrest, hollywood, lapd, indianapolis colts, los angeles news
- 4 hospitalized in Fullerton bar stabbing 11 min ago
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Gorman brush fire near full containment
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report