Los Angeles News
Human remains found in Angeles National Forest in Altadena
ALTADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- Human remains were found in the Angeles National Forest area of Altadena Wednesday, the L.A. County Sheriff's Department said.
Homicide bureau detectives were investigating the circumstances surrounding the remains that were found on the 3900 block of Fair Oaks Avenue at the base of the foothills.
Terrain, darkness and weather prompted a delay in the investigation, according to the department. The investigation was expected to continue Thursday morning, along with personnel from the county coroner's office.
The remains were found at 12:25 p.m., according to the department.
body found, homicide investigation, angeles national forest, los angeles news
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide 36 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- 'Octomom' pleads not guilty to 4th charge
- East LA coach pleads no contest to molest 9 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed 56 min ago
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker