Los Angeles News
Man, 70, burned in fire at Long Beach VA Hospital
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A 70-year-old man was burned Friday morning after a fire broke out inside the Long Beach VA Hospital. His exact condition has not been released.
Investigators say the fire started in a room just before 1 a.m. Firefighters quickly responded, but say sprinklers knocked down the fire before they arrived.
A dozen nearby patients were rushed to other rooms in the hospital.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
fire, long beach, veterans, los angeles news
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians