Los Angeles News
Woman found dead inside Monterey Park apartment; partner detained
MONTEREY PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is underway after a body was found in Monterey Park about a block from East Los Angeles Community College.
Authorities responded to an apartment in the 1700 block of College View Drive to do a welfare check just after 4 a.m. When there was no response at the door, officers made entry and found a body in the bedroom. An adult Hispanic woman was declared dead at the scene.
There was no obvious sign of trauma to the body, investigators said. About an hour after police responded, they discovered a man who was acting suspicious a few blocks away.
"Monterey Park (police) also received a call of a person acting suspiciously. They responded to that call and found a male Hispanic adult yelling at cars and acting irrationally," said Lt. Dave Coleman of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.
It was determined that the man lived in the apartment where the body was found, and he was the boyfriend or husband of the woman, Coleman said. He was detained for questioning.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Homicide Bureau has taken over the investigation. The cause of death has not been determined.
College View Drive is closed between Valley Vista Drive and Hillside Street due to the investigation.
body found, east los angeles, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 59 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Lancaster fight leads to double stabbing
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought 22 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere