Los Angeles News
2nd woman shot in purported mercy killings identified
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A second woman who was shot and killed in an apparent mercy killing in Canyon Country has been identified.
Bertha Anderson, 68, was identified by the coroner Thursday. She was shot and killed allegedly by her husband, Lance Anderson, at their home in Canyon Country on Wednesday. Bertha Anderson reportedly had dementia.
Lance Anderson, 60, is also accused of fatally shooting his sister, 58-year-old Lisa Nave, at a convalescent home in North Hills. Nave had been in a vegetative state.
shooting, murder, homicide investigation, los angeles news
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians