Los Angeles News
Lakers' training facility security guard accused of stealing Lakers title rings
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. (KABC) -- A security guard at the Los Angeles Lakers' training facility in El Segundo is accused of stealing from the very place he was being paid to protect.
Police say Eddie Monterroso, 23, is suspected of stealing two NBA championship rings and other items from the facility, including $20,000 in gift cards.
El Seguno police began investigating the theft Dec. 5 and arrested Monterroso outside the practice facility on Tuesday.
Authorities say they found the rings from the 2009 and 2010 seasons and other incriminating evidence at Monterroso's home in Inglewood.
Monterroso was booked on grand theft and burglary charges.
He has since pleaded not guilty.
burglary, arrest, los angeles lakers, los angeles news
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 6 min ago
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect 14 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)