Los Angeles News
Corvette pursuit ends in DTLA officer-involved shooting
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A dramatic high-speed pursuit involving a Corvette ended in a violent crash and officer-involved shooting in downtown Los Angeles Friday.
The 60-minute pursuit began in East Los Angeles around 9:30 P.M. when deputies attempted to stop the driver for reckless driving.
The silver Corvette recklessly circled around various communities including East Los Angeles, Bell and Huntington Park before violently colliding with another car at the intersection of Los Angeles Street and Olympic Boulevard.
The driver, approximately in his 40s, attempted to flee on foot, but was shot by police. It's unclear if the suspect was hit with non-lethal rounds or bullets.
The suspect was taken away by ambulance. The extent of his injuries remains unknown.
The vehicle had been chased by Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department and California Highway Patrol vehicles before the LAPD took over.
CNS contributed to this report.
pursuit, downtown, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour