Los Angeles News
Downtown LA Corvette chase suspect identified
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The driver of a Corvette who was shot and killed after leading authorities on a chase that ended in downtown Los Angeles has been identified.
Brian Newt Beaird, of Oceanside, 51, was identified by the coroner. He was shot at the end of the chase by at least one officer.
The chase started Friday night in Cudahy, with the California Highway Patrol and sheriff's units chasing a reckless driving suspect in a silver Corvette. The Los Angeles police joined in when the chase reached downtown Los Angeles.
Shortly after that, the Corvette collided with a car at Olympic Boulevard and Los Angeles Street, and the other car sheared off a hydrant.
The Corvette driver got out and was shot. He died at the hospital.
pursuit, downtown, car chase, car crash, officer-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break