Los Angeles News
Downtown LA Corvette chase suspect identified
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The driver of a Corvette who was shot and killed after leading authorities on a chase that ended in downtown Los Angeles has been identified.
Brian Newt Beaird, of Oceanside, 51, was identified by the coroner. He was shot at the end of the chase by at least one officer.
The chase started Friday night in Cudahy, with the California Highway Patrol and sheriff's units chasing a reckless driving suspect in a silver Corvette. The Los Angeles police joined in when the chase reached downtown Los Angeles.
Shortly after that, the Corvette collided with a car at Olympic Boulevard and Los Angeles Street, and the other car sheared off a hydrant.
The Corvette driver got out and was shot. He died at the hospital.
pursuit, downtown, car chase, car crash, officer-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants