Los Angeles News
Home invasion robbers target Diamond Bar home
DIAMOND BAR, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are searching for two suspects who violently invaded a Diamond Bar home Sunday. Officials say the suspects posed as police officers.
Deputies responded to the 400 block of Charmingdale Road around 8:30 p.m. According to authorities, five people, including three children, were home at the time of the robbery.
The victims, who wished to remain anonymous, say there were forced into a room as the gunmen ransacked the house.
The female homeowner says the gunmen showed her a badge as they pushed their way in, but she immediately knew it was fake. She says the suspects then used plastic ties to cuff the wrists of her 14-year-old daughter.
"When they first barged in, I could tell that they were fake from the zip ties," the 14-year-old victim said. "I felt like someone had to be feisty and fight back, but there was really nothing I could do when I was tied up."
The victims said the suspects told them they needed to investigate some sort of illegal activity in the house.
"According to them, my husband is doing llegal drugs and money laundering, and I asked them 'who is my husband?'" the female homeowner said.
The victims said that once they saw the gun, they decided to play along.
"I'm afraid they might try to kill us or hurt us, that's why I just pretend that they are still police," the female homeowner said.
The suspects fled with cash and jewelry, allowing the victims to call 911. No one was injured.
Authorities are investigating if there is a link between this home invasion and a similiar case that occurred in the Palmdale area last week. At this time, no connection has been made, but the investigation remains ongoing.
home invasion, los angeles news
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights 4 min ago
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hrs after contact drop
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report