Los Angeles News
Former El Segundo teacher charged with molesting 13 boys
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A former teacher at an El Segundo elementary school has been charged with molesting 13 boys.
According to the Daily Breeze, Jeffrey Simonek, 28, of Torrance, is facing 20 charges of lewd acts upon a child under 14 years old.
Investigators say two of the victims were students at Center Street School in El Segundo where Simonek taught fifth grade.
Simonek was also suspected of similar crimes at a camp in Northern California, investigators said. Police said Simonek has also taught and volunteered at other schools and camps in L.A. and Orange counties. He also sometimes babysat, police said.
Simonek was arrested Nov. 26, but the indictment was recently unsealed. He is being held on $20 million bail.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Lancaster fight leads to double stabbing
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Calif. bill would ban orcas in SeaWorld shows
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere