Los Angeles News
Southbound 405 lanes to close between Sunset, Wilshire overnight Saturday
WEST LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Southbound lanes of the 405 Freeway will be closed between Sunset and Wilshire boulevards overnight Saturday.
Ramps will begin to close at 7 p.m. Saturday. Lanes will begin to close at 11 p.m. Saturday. Lanes are scheduled to re-open at 6 a.m. on Sunday.
Metro offers a detour: From the Southbound I-405, exit at Sunset Boulevard, turn right to northbound Church Lane, turn right southbound Sepulveda Boulevard, turn right to westbound Wilshire Boulevard, and turn right on to the Southbound I-405 on-ramp on westbound Wilshire Boulevard.
The closure is part of the I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project to facilitate the realignment of lanes to accommodate roadway widening and drainage work along the freeway median, according to Metro.
Emergency access will be maintained at all times, according to Metro.
For a list of daily closures and other updates, visit Metro.net/405.
traffic delay, westside, construction, road closure, los angeles news
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search 9 min ago
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Ex-assemblyman arrested for domestic violence
- Flasher sought for exposing self at Brea Mall 31 min ago
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time
- Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting 25 min ago
- Plane sent satellite signal for hrs -official 12 min ago
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Elderly couple's dog saved by rescue group
- OTRC: Elizabeth Olsen engaged, report says