Los Angeles News
Southbound 405 lanes to close between Sunset, Wilshire overnight Saturday
WEST LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Southbound lanes of the 405 Freeway will be closed between Sunset and Wilshire boulevards overnight Saturday.
Ramps will begin to close at 7 p.m. Saturday. Lanes will begin to close at 11 p.m. Saturday. Lanes are scheduled to re-open at 6 a.m. on Sunday.
Metro offers a detour: From the Southbound I-405, exit at Sunset Boulevard, turn right to northbound Church Lane, turn right southbound Sepulveda Boulevard, turn right to westbound Wilshire Boulevard, and turn right on to the Southbound I-405 on-ramp on westbound Wilshire Boulevard.
The closure is part of the I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project to facilitate the realignment of lanes to accommodate roadway widening and drainage work along the freeway median, according to Metro.
Emergency access will be maintained at all times, according to Metro.
For a list of daily closures and other updates, visit Metro.net/405.
traffic delay, westside, construction, road closure, los angeles news
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse 36 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets 17 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Man barricaded in Whittier apartment building 7 min ago
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts