Los Angeles News
Armed man shot, injured by police in South Los Angeles
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police officers were searching for a prowler in South Los Angeles when they shot a man armed with a gun.
Shortly after 9 p.m. Friday, officers received a call about a prowler on the 1300 block of West 50th Street.
While searching for the prowler, officers confronted a man with a gun. Police shot him once in the arm.
Investigators are now trying to determine his connection, if any, to the original call.
south los angeles, officer-involved shooting, los angeles news
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Burbank stabbing leaves 2 in serious condition
- High-speed chase leads to arrests, 5 injuries
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report