Los Angeles News
Rosemead elderly hit-and-run victim identified
ROSEMEAD, Calif. (KABC) -- The elderly woman who was fatally struck by a hit-and-run driver in Rosemead Sunday has been identified.
Qingrong Chai, 69, was hit and killed at Marshall Street and Greendale Avenue around 6:20 p.m.
Deputies say a gray SUV was traveling without its headlights on when it struck Chai. The driver then fled westbound without stopping.
The victim would have celebrated her 70th birthday on Thursday.
Detectives are asking for the public's help in identifying the suspect and locating the vehicle. Authorities suspect the car likely has front-end damage to the driver's side grill area.
Anyone with information regarding the hit-and-run was asked to contact Detective Payne at (626) 285-7171.
hit and run, los angeles news
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Ex-assemblyman arrested for domestic violence
- Flasher sought for exposing self at Brea Mall 18 min ago
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time
- Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting 12 min ago
- Malaysia plane search widens toward India
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Elderly couple's dog saved by rescue group
- OTRC: Elizabeth Olsen engaged, report says