Los Angeles News
Rose Parade 2014: Guide to viewing
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- The 125th Rose Parade, themed "Dreams Come True," will take place New Year's Day along Colorado Boulevard in Pasadena. The parade -- featuring 48 floral floats, 20 marching bands and 16 equestrian units -- gets underway at 8 a.m.
Vin Scully, the legendary voice of the Los Angeles Dodgers, will serve as the grand marshal. The 85-year-old will ride in the parade, and toss the coin at the start of the 100th Rose Bowl Game.
While all grandstand seating for the Rose Parade is sold out, free curbside viewing is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Parade-goers can begin camping out along the sidewalk on Colorado Boulevard at noon Tuesday.
Pasadena police and fire departments estimate there will be around 700,000 people along the 5 1/2-mile parade route. Keeping an eye on them will be more than 1,000 uniformed and undercover police officers, however authorities are asking everyone to be on the lookout and report anything suspicious.
Rose Parade Program
For the first time in Rose Parade history, the official program is available digitally. You can download it for free from the Tournament of Roses website, www.tournamentofroses.com, or the iTunes app store. Bonus digital content includes video clips of the Grand Marshal and Royal Court, as well as audio clips highlighting each individual parade entry.
You can still buy a printed copy of the program for $10 along the parade route.
Hotline for All Rose Parade and Game Questions
Have questions about the Rose Parade, Rose Bowl game or BCS National Championship game? The Pasadena Convention and Visitors Bureau has opened its 30th annual Visitor Hotline, (877) 793-9911. Some 60 volunteers are on hand to help answer all your questions about the events, including parking, directions, tickets, accommodations, dining and more. The hotline will be open through January 6.
Hours of operation:
Tuesday, Dec. 31, 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Jan. 1 through Friday, Jan. 3, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 4 and Sunday, Jan. 5, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Monday, Jan. 6, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Closures for Rose Parade
- Colorado Bridge will be closed beginning at 8 p.m. New Year's Eve through 11 a.m. New Year's Day
- Orange Grove Boulevard between Colorado Boulevard and Columbia Street will be closed beginning at 8 p.m. New Year's Eve through 11 a.m. New Year's Day
- Colorado Boulevard between Orange Grove Boulevard and Holliston Avenue and adjacent streets (one block north and south) will be closed New Year's Day from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m.
-Caltrans will close the following ramps Tuesday, Dec. 31 through Wednesday, Jan. 1:
- Ventura Freeway (SR-134):
- 8 p.m. to 2 p.m. - Eastbound Orange Grove Boulevard off-ramp
- 12 a.m. to 2 p.m. - Westbound Orange Grove Boulevard on-ramp
- Foothill Freeway (I-210):
- 8 p.m. to 4 p.m. - Eastbound San Gabriel Boulevard off-ramp
- 8 p.m. to 4 p.m. - Westbound Sierra Madre Boulevard off-ramp
- Long Beach Freeway (SR- 710):
- 9 p.m. to 11 a.m. - Southbound Del Mar Boulevard off-ramp
- 6 p.m. to 10 a.m. - Northbound Del Mar Boulevard and California Boulevard on-ramps
For full citywide street closures, parking, transportation and maps, check out the City of Pasadena's visitors guide at www.visitpasadena.com.
'Good Morning America' co-anchor Josh Elliott and ESPN's Hannah Storm will host ABC's Rose Parade coverage on January 1st. Tune-in to ABC7 beginning at 8 a.m.
new year's day, parade, pasadena, los angeles news
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured 48 min ago
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed 54 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination 56 min ago
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks