Los Angeles News
Jefferson Park fatal stabbing: Suspect surrenders
JEFFERSON PARK, SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- LAPD detectives arrested a suspect Friday in the fatal stabbing of a man on December 20.
Los Angeles resident Michael Allen McGilvery, 44, surrendered to police on Friday. McGilvery is suspected of stabbing William Jennings, 35, multiple times during a dispute on the sidewalk at 3317 West Jefferson Boulevard.
McGilvery was charged with one count of murder and one count of robbery. He was held on $1 million. Police said people associated with McGilvery persuade him to turn himself in.
Surveillance video shows Jennings being confronted by a suspect, leading to a dispute in which the suspect produced a knife and repeatedly stabbed Jennings on Dec. 20 at about 10:25 p.m. The suspect fled on foot. Jennings was pronounced dead at the scene.
stabbing, lapd, homicide investigation, murder, south los angeles, los angeles news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 22 min ago
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths 47 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done
- Beverly Hills High School gunman threat false
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege 1 min ago
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)