Los Angeles News
Marina del Rey shooting murder: Suspect sketch released
MARINA DEL REY, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The L.A. County Sheriff's Department released a composite sketch Tuesday of a suspect who shot a security guard in Marina del Rey early Monday morning.
Patrick Odoikyene was working as a private security officer at 4201 Via Marina Drive at the Shores apartment complex when he was fatally shot Monday at about 2:40 a.m.
The suspect was described as an African-American man in his late 30s to mid 40s, with a medium complexion. He stands approximately 5 feet 10 inches to 6 feet 1 inch tall, and has a stocky/muscular build, shaved head and goatee.
The suspect was wearing a long-sleeve pullover black or blue hooded sweatshirt with white logo lettering on the front and back, and black pants. He was last seen running toward Dell Alley and the 3400 block of Via Dolce Street, according to the sheriff's department.
The suspect is considered armed and dangerous.
Sheriff's Homicide Detectives are asking for the public's assistance. Anyone with information about this incident is encouraged to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500, attention Detective Mark Lillienfeld or Detective Francis Hardiman.
If you prefer to provide information anonymously, you may call "Crime Stoppers" by dialing (800) 222-TIPS (8477), or texting the letters TIPLA plus your tip to CRIMES (274637), or by using the website http://lacrimestoppers.org.
shooting, homicide investigation, murder, westside, los angeles news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case 10 min ago
- Fontana suspect escapes from police station
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed
- Parents distracted by devices, study says 33 min ago
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...