Los Angeles News
Bellflower car crash: Teen passenger killed, driver arrested
BELLFLOWER, Calif. (KABC) -- A 17-year-old boy was killed following a violent early morning car accident in Bellflower on Saturday.
The crash happened shortly after 2 a.m. on Rosecrans Avenue and Lakewood Boulevard.
Deputies say the driver hit a curb, causing the vehicle to roll over and then hit a tree.
Four out of five people were ejected from the car. They were all rushed to the hospital.
Four people were reported in stable condition and are all expected to survive. The deceased teen was initially listed in critical condition but later died. Investigators say the teen was a rear passenger in the vehicle.
Authorities say the driver, 22-year-old Eddie Solis, was arrested for vehicular manslaughter.
Deputies believe that alcohol and speed were involved in the incident.
The identities of those involved in the crash were not immediately released.
car crash, los angeles news
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast 3 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks