Los Angeles News
Palmdale woman rescued after being kidnapped by boyfriend
PALMDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman who was kidnapped on Christmas Day, sexually assaulted, and held captive is now free.
Palmdale Sheriff's deputies say the 19-year-old was assaulted and taken against her will by her boyfriend, Giovanni McKinnis.
The victim's mother witnessed the incident, but says she did not report it to police out of fear for her daughter's life.
The victim's father contacted the Palmdale Sheriff's Station around 5:15 p.m. Saturday.
Deputies found the woman at her boyfriend's home on the 1100 block of East Avenue Q around 8:30 p.m.
"They discovered the victim inside, essentially in a bedroom, cowering in fear," said Los Angeles Sheriff's Sgt. Brian Hudson. "They say that she sustained several serious physical injuries to her body."
The victim was treated at a hospital and released.
McKinnis, 19, was booked on attempted murder, kidnapping, domestic violence, restraining order violation and false imprisonment. He is being held in lieu of $100,000.
arrest, sexual assault, kidnap, los angeles news
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants