Los Angeles News
Palmdale woman rescued after being kidnapped by boyfriend
PALMDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman who was kidnapped on Christmas Day, sexually assaulted, and held captive is now free.
Palmdale Sheriff's deputies say the 19-year-old was assaulted and taken against her will by her boyfriend, Giovanni McKinnis.
The victim's mother witnessed the incident, but says she did not report it to police out of fear for her daughter's life.
The victim's father contacted the Palmdale Sheriff's Station around 5:15 p.m. Saturday.
Deputies found the woman at her boyfriend's home on the 1100 block of East Avenue Q around 8:30 p.m.
"They discovered the victim inside, essentially in a bedroom, cowering in fear," said Los Angeles Sheriff's Sgt. Brian Hudson. "They say that she sustained several serious physical injuries to her body."
The victim was treated at a hospital and released.
McKinnis, 19, was booked on attempted murder, kidnapping, domestic violence, restraining order violation and false imprisonment. He is being held in lieu of $100,000.
arrest, sexual assault, kidnap, los angeles news
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment 46 min ago
- Protestors commemorate Armenian Genocide
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- Granada Hills fire damages strip mall shops
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- Obama: Asia-Pacific trade deal not in danger
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- OTRC: Peter Jackson: 'The Hobbit 3' title changed