Los Angeles News
Baby found alone in stroller; mother arrested
ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- LAPD have arrested the mother of a baby who was found alone in a stroller in Arlington Heights Monday.
Two Good Samaritans allegedly found the baby, between 1 and 2 years old, near the intersection of Western Avenue and Washington Boulevard around 2:30 a.m.
Police say the mother of the baby returned to the location as officers arrived. That's when she was arrested for child abandonment.
The baby was taken by LAFD paramedics to a local area hospital to make sure she had not been harmed by sitting out in the cold.
It remains unknown how the long the baby was left unattended on the sidewalk or where the mother was. Officials say the temperature in the area at the time of the incident was 52 degrees Fahrenheit.
CNS contributed to this report.
child abuse, lapd, los angeles news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks