Los Angeles News
2 bodies found in Venice apartment building
VENICE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Two bodies were found at an apartment building in Venice Monday in two separate units.
Authorities say they received a call about the first body at 10:53 a.m., and then a call about the second body at 10:55 a.m. at 15 Horizon Ave. Officials said the building was Section 8 housing for low-income and rehabilitation tenants.
The deaths are being investigated as two separate incidents. According to an LAPD detective, one death appears to be from natural causes. His television was left on and heard for days, and when the manager finally went in to the unit, the body of a 57-year-old obese man was found.
Tenants said there was another individual they hadn't seen. When the manager checked that person's unit, the other body was found. Police say that death may be related to drugs.
body found, venice beach, los angeles news
- LA earthquake: 4.4-mag. quake shakes SoCal
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Crimea declares independence; West hits back 26 min ago
- Burbank couple rescues child with mattress 19 min ago
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- Newport Beach Little League suspension lifted
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- Malaysian plane search expands further 22 min ago
- abcnews: Woman says Scientology tore apart her family 26 min ago
- SEALs take oil tanker from Libyan rebels 51 min ago
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- OTRC: 'The Walking Dead' recap: Season 4, ep 14