Los Angeles News
3 suspects apprehended in South Pasadena area during search
SOUTH PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- Three people were taken into custody during a search for an armed and dangerous suspect in South Pasadena Tuesday.
The three suspects were taken into custody during a K-9 search on the 5000 block of Collis Avenue in El Sereno, according to the LAPD.
Earlier Tuesday afternoon, police were warning area residents about a suspect considered armed and dangerous hiding in the Oak Hill/Collis area of the Monterey Hills area of South Pasadena.
Los Angeles and South Pasadena police were searching for the suspect, who was believed to be armed with a semiautomatic pistol.
After the three were taken into custody, officers and canines were searching the area for a possible discarded weapon.
Residents in the area had earlier been advised to stay indoors and lock doors and windows, and to report prowlers or suspicious activity.
The original suspect was described as a Hispanic man about 6 feet tall with a goatee, wearing blue jeans, a brown and red plaid shirt, with tattoos on his face.
los angeles news
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years 43 min ago
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video