Los Angeles News
3 suspects apprehended in South Pasadena area during search
SOUTH PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- Three people were taken into custody during a search for an armed and dangerous suspect in South Pasadena Tuesday.
The three suspects were taken into custody during a K-9 search on the 5000 block of Collis Avenue in El Sereno, according to the LAPD.
Earlier Tuesday afternoon, police were warning area residents about a suspect considered armed and dangerous hiding in the Oak Hill/Collis area of the Monterey Hills area of South Pasadena.
Los Angeles and South Pasadena police were searching for the suspect, who was believed to be armed with a semiautomatic pistol.
After the three were taken into custody, officers and canines were searching the area for a possible discarded weapon.
Residents in the area had earlier been advised to stay indoors and lock doors and windows, and to report prowlers or suspicious activity.
The original suspect was described as a Hispanic man about 6 feet tall with a goatee, wearing blue jeans, a brown and red plaid shirt, with tattoos on his face.
los angeles news
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar 15 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster 6 min ago
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway 42 min ago
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments