Los Angeles News
Glendale attempted-carjacking suspect arrested
GLENDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- A carjacking suspect in Glendale was arrested after crashing the stolen vehicle on the northbound 2 Freeway.
Authorities received a report of a carjacking and shots fired at about 10 p.m. Tuesday in the 100 block of Sinclair Avenue, near the interchange for the 134 and 2 freeways.
Shortly afterward, officials say the suspect crashed the stolen car on the 2 Freeway near Foothill Boulevard. That's when the suspect took off and the freeway came to a halt as police hunted him down.
About an hour later, the man was found near Verdugo Avenue and the 2 Freeway.
Glendale police are investigating the shots fired report that came in around the same time as the carjacking. Investigators are trying to determine if the two incidents are connected.
los angeles news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Norwalk homicide investigation underway
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians