Los Angeles News
Glendale attempted-carjacking suspect arrested
GLENDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- A carjacking suspect in Glendale was arrested after crashing the stolen vehicle on the northbound 2 Freeway.
Authorities received a report of a carjacking and shots fired at about 10 p.m. Tuesday in the 100 block of Sinclair Avenue, near the interchange for the 134 and 2 freeways.
Shortly afterward, officials say the suspect crashed the stolen car on the 2 Freeway near Foothill Boulevard. That's when the suspect took off and the freeway came to a halt as police hunted him down.
About an hour later, the man was found near Verdugo Avenue and the 2 Freeway.
Glendale police are investigating the shots fired report that came in around the same time as the carjacking. Investigators are trying to determine if the two incidents are connected.
los angeles news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy near Torrance
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store 23 min ago
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Ohio couple married 70 yrs die 15 hours apart
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week 42 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour