Los Angeles News
LMU hit-and-run leaves jogger in critical condition
PLAYA VISTA, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police are looking for a female driver who crashed into a jogger near the entrance of Loyola Marymount University on Thursday.
The crash happened around 4:15 a.m. at Lincoln Boulevard and LMU Drive. Police say the driver of a light-colored older-model Buick was heading soutbound when it jumped the curb, struck a light and hit the jogger, a 60-year-old man who is believed to be an area resident.
According to police, the jogger rolled on the hood of the car and smashed into the windshield. He was transported to the hospital in critical condition.
Police say the driver bailed out of the car on foot. She was seen wearing a white top and talking on a cellphone as she walked northbound on Lincoln Boulevard. Police believe she may have been picked up by a friend.
Investigators say the car was not stolen, but the registered owner was not the person who was driving.
Sgt. Stephanie Krajchir with the LAPD West Traffic Division says it is unclear if drugs or alcohol were a factor.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the LAPD.
hit and run, los angeles news
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise 38 min ago
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins 1 min ago
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 44 min ago
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Coach pleads no contest to molesting girls 20 min ago
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights 44 min ago
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested 13 min ago
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book