Los Angeles News
LAPD motorcycle officer injured in car Van Nuys accident
VAN NUYS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Los Angeles Police Department officer on a motorcycle was injured after he was struck by a car in Van Nuys.
The officer was taken to an area hospital with a broken leg or hip in stable condition. He was expected to be released from the hospital sometime Saturday.
The incident occurred at the intersection of Raymer Street and Sepulveda Boulevard. Police say the officer was out on routine patrol when he was struck.
The driver of the car did stop and he was not cited. Police say it is being handled as an accident.
The injured officer is a 15-year veteran of the force.
lapd, car crash, los angeles news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School 1 min ago
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video