Los Angeles News
Water main break creates sinkhole in Burbank
BURBANK, Calif. (KABC) -- A water main break created a large sinkhole in Burbank Sunday afternoon.
Officials say an eight-inch water main broke just before 2 p.m. at the intersection of Winona Avenue and Brighton Street."The asphalt started rising up. First, it was just water spraying through cracks and then all of a sudden, it started gushing 3 or 4 feet up in the air. The whole street was flooded up to car bumpers," said witness Diego Iniquez.
Burbank Public Works employees were called to the scene to evaluate the damage. The roadway was expected to be closed for five to six hours.
flooding, water main break, los angeles news
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape 34 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico 26 min ago
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Crates of mail found abandoned in Hollywood
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer 47 min ago
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Lighting up historic Broadway Theatre...
53 min ago
- Los Angeles Mission serves Good Friday meals
15 min ago