Los Angeles News
Water main break creates sinkhole in Burbank
BURBANK, Calif. (KABC) -- A water main break created a large sinkhole in Burbank Sunday afternoon.
Officials say an eight-inch water main broke just before 2 p.m. at the intersection of Winona Avenue and Brighton Street."The asphalt started rising up. First, it was just water spraying through cracks and then all of a sudden, it started gushing 3 or 4 feet up in the air. The whole street was flooded up to car bumpers," said witness Diego Iniquez.
Burbank Public Works employees were called to the scene to evaluate the damage. The roadway was expected to be closed for five to six hours.
flooding, water main break, los angeles news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Norwalk homicide investigation underway 8 min ago
- DUI driver hits sign, car and pedestrian
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Alcohol sting busts adults buying for minors
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- High turnout seen at secession vote in Crimea 54 min ago
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria 25 min ago
- Tyler The Creator arrested at SXSW festival
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report