Los Angeles News
Studio City mail thieves possibly used mail master key
STUDIO CITY, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are searching for two brazen mail thieves caught on surveillance video in Studio City.
Sharmila Sugathadasa reviewed the video from her Laurel Canyon Boulevard apartment building after her car was burglarized in the parking garage.
That's when she discovered a man and woman had apparently used a master key to clean out every mail box inside the lobby. The woman is seen with a ring full of keys in her hand.
She says they seemed to be familiar with the building.
"My main concern is that they have access to our building and they have access to the buildings in our neighborhood because it's the master keys from the postal service they said that they were using," said Sugathadasa.
In addition to the mail, the thieves also ransacked the woman's car.
It's unknown if the burglars have struck before.
The LAPD's North Hollywood division and the U.S. Postal Service are investigating the incident.
Stealing mail is a federal offense punishable up to five years in federal prison plus fines.
If you have information on this or similar scams or would like to submit a mail theft and vandalism complaint, report it to Postal Inspectors online at http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov or call (877) 876-2455.
burglary, caught on tape, studio city, los angeles news, q mccray
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 2 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Missing flight's last words were routine
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer won't seek third term
- Ukraine accuses Russia of military buildup
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Fitbit Force recalled over allergic reactions
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons