Los Angeles News
Metro Red Line stabbing: victim dies, suspect sought
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police are searching for the suspect who stabbed a man on the Metro Red Line station in Los Angeles Monday.
The incident occurred at the station located on Vermont Avenue and Santa Monica Boulevard around 9:20 a.m. Metro spokesperson Jose Ubaldo said a male passenger traveling to Union Station was stabbed in the throat.
The victim was transported to L.A. County-USC Medical Center in grave condition. The L.A. County Sheriff's said the victim was pronounced dead at 6:36 p.m.
The suspect was described as a black male between 18 to 21 years old. The suspect ran away without witnesses getting a good look at him, but the train and station are equipped with closed-circuit surveillance cameras.
The knife used in the attack was not recovered.
Ubaldo said trains were initially bypassing the station, causing 15 to 20 minute delays for other passengers. The station was reopened for service around 11:30 a.m.
Anyone with information or who may have witnessed the stabbing was urged to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department at (323) 563-5000.
stabbing, metrolink, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months