Los Angeles News
Barricaded suspect shot to death by LAPD
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A robbery suspect was shot and killed by police officers following a barricade situation in South Los Angeles Tuesday.
Authorities say the suspect robbed a person at gunpoint in the 5900 block of Wilshire Boulevard at about 5:30 a.m. He fled the scene and was last seen entering a home in the 1000 block of W. 62nd Street.
Officers surrounded the house, ordering the suspect to come out, but he refused.
The suspect was then shot in an officer-involved shooting at about 8 a.m., but it was unclear what sparked the confrontation. The suspect was declared dead at the scene.
Police said all hostages were safe, but it was unclear how many people were in the home at the time.
standoff, robbery, officer-involved shooting, south los angeles, los angeles news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks