Los Angeles News
Forum in Inglewood officially reopens with Eagles show
INGLEWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- The Forum in Inglewood officially reopened as a concert venue Wednesday night after a $100 million makeover, hosting the iconic rock band The Eagles.
It was a packed house as The Eagles kicked off "Life In The Fast Lane" for this historic venue.
"I saw my very first concert here, it was The Eagles in 1980 so for me to come back, you know, all these years to see The Eagles, it's just so cool that they're bringing this back," said Heidi Keeran of Los Angeles.
To honor the iconic rock band, a 407-foot diameter vinyl record of "Hotel California" spins atop the Forum.
Among the many changes at the venue are new seats with new cushions and new concession stands with better food and drink choices.
The former home of the Lakers and Kings was purchased by the Madison Square Garden Company in 2012 for approximately $23.5 million. The company said its goal was to bring the Forum back to its glory days, when rock legends like the Rolling Stones and Elvis Presley performed there.
The Forum is now the largest indoor performance venue in the country, the company said. Inglewood residents are hoping the new Forum will revitalize the community.
"It's great for Inglewood. It's bringing the city back," said Milton Smith of Inglewood.
Justin Timberlake, Imagine Dragons, Paul Simon and Sting are all scheduled to perform there in coming weeks.
music news, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 19 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust 26 min ago
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere