Los Angeles News
Eagle Rock named second-hottest neighborhood in US by Redfin.com
EAGLE ROCK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Eagle Rock is listed as the second-hottest neighborhood in America in 2014 by the real-estate website Redfin.
Redfin said the trend in 2014 neighborhood popularity is a short commute at an affordable price. Highly ranked schools and scenic parks are the usual top criteria, but this year's trending neighborhoods have a short drive or easy access to a commuter rail line in areas that are not the most expensive in their respective cities.
Redfin analyzed its website-user traffic and surveyed its real-estate agents across the country to determine its top 10.
"After a year in which prices popped 13 percent, Americans are checking out still-close-in but often-overlooked neighborhoods in search of affordability, even if means less-fashionable restaurants or a home that needs a little more work," said Redfin CEO Glenn Kelman.
Redfin's list of hottest neighborhoods in the U.S.:
- Bernal Heights North Slope, San Francisco
- Eagle Rock, Los Angeles
- Morningside-Lenox Park, Atlanta
- Upper Chevy Chase, Washington, D.C.
- Desert Shores, Las Vegas
- Barrington Oaks, Austin
- Phinney Ridge, Seattle
- Concordia, Portland, Oregon
- City Park, Denver
- Humboldt Park, Chicago
Within Los Angeles, Eagle Rock, Playa del Rey, Sierra Madre Canyon, Verdugo Woodlands and Hillside are the hottest neighborhoods of 2014 on Redfin's list.
eagle rock, real estate, los angeles news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book